Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Day Before the Challenge!


It's Sunday the day before I start my challenge, I've already posted two blog entries to help me (and maybe others?) in feeling prepared and visualizing goals. The four toughest things for me are going to be

  1. Making sure I've prepared my meals or meal choices so I don't go for an easy and less healthy quick alternative
  2. Making sure to schedule my workout so it doesn't get to the end of the day and get too late and then I simply skip it
  3. Figuring out a few good cardio intensity exercises -- sure I run, and bike but not the way that the BFL 20min Aerobic intensity program suggest - so I'm not as used to it.
  4. Lastly - I know I have a few weekends of celebrations a head of me (in a few weeks it will be my 35th birthday), so staying within moderation _when_ I do break out of my schedule and then making sure I go back to the routine after the weekend and not giving up.
That being said I know what I'm up against and have them listed above. I'm sure I'll have other hurdles in the way that I haven't thought about, but the idea is to try to get back as soon as I can to the program.

For the meals, I've planned out my week, bought the food for the week, PLUS, I bought an extra book of recipes to help me out even more with ideas. It actually looks really delicious, and I'll post the recipes as I make them and use them for the week so that I have them for the future and perhaps others can even try them out too.

Eating for Life is the book:












Cardio-wise I found a few more videos on youtube that gives me a few ideas of what I could try at the gym and even on my runs and biking outside that incorporate BFL's High-Point Technique and Intensity Index:

The 20-min Aerobic Solution 
2 min warm up phase - level 5 intensity (level 5 = 50% effort)
1 min - level 6
1 min - level 7
1 min level 8
1 min level 9

repeat 3 times e.g. level 6 1 min, level 7 1 min, level 8 1 min, level 9 1 min

try for level 10 at the last few mins and then end one level 5

here is a video describing the 20-min Aerobic Solution in more detail:

so even my outside runs/biking what I could do is run for like 2 mins
then try slowly increase my speed and intensity for 3 mins 6 to 9
the 1 min at a lower intensity e.g. 6 
then repeat that three times trying on the last turn to get to intensity level 10
finally finish on level 5






As for those future weekends of celebrations...well those will just have to be free days, not much I can do about those, I'll just try to take it as easy as possible and get back to the program as soon as I can.

I did few good BFL links:


Motivation wise I have my photo library up to keep me motivated
















Also I keep watching a few very inspiring/motivational youtube videos e.g.


OK Challenge Starts tomorrow! This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment